The Portchester Practice has ensured that it meets its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), in force on 25th May 2018, and in particular how the surgery processes personal data, including sensitive health records.
You can find out more about the GDPR here:
ICO “Your data matters”
Which? Consumer Rights – GDPR
You can view our detailed privacy notices above
- Our Data Protection Impact Assessment is here
- Our Practice Privacy Notice is here
- Our Right to Object policy is here
- Our Right of Access (SAR) policy is here
- Our Personal Data Breach policy is here
- Our Data Protection Policy is here
- Our General Data Protection policy is here
- Our Freedom of Information policy is here
We ensure that patients of The Portchester Practice are made aware of their rights under the new legislation and that the surgery meets its responsibilities under the GDPR.
The Portchester Practice places privacy and data protection at the heart of all its processing.
You have the right to both:
- Opt out of any of the data sharing schemes
- Opt back into any of the data sharing schemes
(that you may have already opted out of)
Do you know what information you have agreed to share about your health and how this may impact the information available to other health and care professionals if they are treating you somewhere other than your GP Practice? More information is provided here